[pct-l] Ocean Views from the PCT?

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Wed Apr 30 19:13:40 CDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 3:56 PM,  <harwoodcreek at gmail.com> wrote:
> The ocean for which the trail is named is rarely visible from the route.  I
> figure it can probably be seen from the San Gabriels,

No you can't see it from the Big Bear area, as a higher ridge is
between you and the ocean.

On one clear smog-free winter day, after a cleansing rain while
enjoying the new snow, I have seen the ocean from the top of Baden
Powell.

If you got lucky you might be able to see it from the trail where it
curves along the side of San Jacinto above Idylwild , but I never
have.

Otherwise I don't think you can see it anywhere else. You do get nice
views of Lake Tahoe.....