[pct-l] Weather for Kick Off

Luis Velasco velascoluis at cox.net
Wed Apr 30 16:56:44 CDT 2014

Yup, ice would have topped it.  However, the rain and the wind certainly
gave the folks at Lake Moreno a story to remember.

My daughter and I rode in on a motorcycle Saturday.  My daughter, a
journalism major, wanted to interview the hikers and she really thought
what they were doing was pretty cool.  She wasn¹t disappointed, the Day
Zero was a sight.  Most people seemed to weather the storm well; however,
depending on tent stakes used, some had a better night than others.  By
noon if the sun shined though the temp was in the 50s, if not, back to the
40s it went.  But then again, a 1/4² of ice would have topped it.

- Luis