[pct-l] Bear Canisters: Good for Bear, not for Hungry Hiker?

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 18:39:05 CDT 2014

Ned,
I have a different take on this.  I don't think it makes much difference, unless a hiker is going to try to go 10 days or more without resupply.  You can cram a lot of calories in a full size bear canister, plus the first day's food can be stowed outside the b.c.  However, if you opt to carry the smallest size canister, then perhaps you'll run short of food on a long segment, but that can be anticipated and avoided.

Or, you could just do what Shroomer does, eat off the land.

Take care,
Mango