[pct-l] Trail Angels Burney (town), Etna and Seiad Valley/Dunsmuir

River Malcolm river at orcasonline.com
Wed Aug 13 18:25:50 CDT 2014

Dear Hikers,

Hurrah — I will be back on the trail for a section hike in September hiking Northern CA.

I would love some trail angel help along the way — though realize trail angels may be totally exhausted after the biggest “herd” ever.

Specifically--

1. BURNEY (town). ETA Sept. 10. Any trail angels in Burney who might be able to pick me up at the Highway 299 trail crossing — providing of course that there is cell coverage there, or somewhere on the trail not too far south of there( so I could call to ask)?
Also — if you have experienced it as a reasonable place to hitch I would love to hear that!

2. ETNA.  ETA Sept. 25. Any trail angels in Etna who might be able to pick me up at Sawyer’s Bar Road — providing of course that there is cell coverage there, or somewhere on the trail not too far south of there( so I could call to ask)?
Also — if you have experienced it as a reasonable place to hitch I would love to hear that!

3. SEIAD VALLEY/DUNSMUIR.  ETA Sept 30. This is the most important (well, actually it’s only a comfort issue) and least likely. I’ll be heading by Amtrak at midnight the next day from Dunsmuir back to Santa Barbara (where I will spend the fall). I know there is a 4 hr bus in the morning from Seiad Valley to Dunsmuir, but I wonder if there are angels who might be willing to giving me a lift in the afternoon or evening from Seiad Valley to Dunsmuir?

Thanks so much for any advice you can give.

Happy Trails,
River