[pct-l] SPOT Connect in N Cascades (Rebecca Wilcox)

Gail Van Velzer vanvelzer at charter.net
Thu Aug 14 07:22:31 CDT 2014

I can vouch for In Reach and it's coverage.  We were in a canyon and were
able to get a message out, a 911 call, and communicate with the emergency
personnel as to the nature of our emergency so they could send the proper
help.  For those that don't know, the trail gave way near Aqua Dulce (20
miles north) and my horse and I went down the steep incline.  I fell 100
feet and my horse fell 300 feet to the bottom of the canyon.  I was able to
cling to a burned bush, but couldn't move or I'd fall further.  My horse and
I were both airlifted out.  I had a broken leg and Dakota had a broken skull
(and later we found out he also broke his withers).  We are all healed now
and ready to begin training for the trail again.  You can read our story on
the In Reach website.
Golly