[pct-l] Bear Canisters & Weight Loss

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Aug 14 14:36:32 CDT 2014

Golly wrote: LOL!  I too have planned many gourmet  meals.  I told my husband that he'll be eating like a King on the  trail.  I have diabetes and can't eat all the pre-packaged high carb  stuff.  I bought a lot of freeze dried food from Honeyville and along with lots of packaged mixes from the Asian store, was able to put all sorts of great  things together.  It took some doing, but it can be done!  Did you  know they even have powdered wine?
Switchback replies: I have been a diabetic for 30 years and have no problem on my adventures.  In fact I am leaving in several weeks for a 4,000 miles adventure to Canada and back.  No problem.  I am starting at Tucson AZ and will end at Harrison Hot Springs Resort BC Canada.  I plan to see the PCT on the way up and back home to Nevada.  Simple.  I am even staying overnight at Burney CA --- a famous PCT trailtown.  This way I have a better chance of harassing PCT hikers.  By the way, I only have the wine in bottles directly from the finest gourmet cellars.  Weight is not a problem, since I do not have to carry anything.