[pct-l] Freeze dried or dehydrated food?

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Wed Aug 27 22:29:24 CDT 2014

I have been cookless that last couple of years on the trail and have been dehydrating my own food.  Most foods seem to dehydrate fairly well, although I would advise against hard boiled eggs.  Just be sure to make and eat some meals ahead of time to ensure that it is something you will eat on the trail, and so that you have an idea of how long it will take to rehydrate.  I have mostly dehydrated the individual ingredients and then mixed after the drying process.  But you can also prepare a fully cooked disk and then dry it.

Ed Jarrett (Eeyore)A Clay Jar: http://aclayjar.blogspot.com/  Twitter: https://twitter.com/EdJarrett53 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ed.jarrett.71