[pct-l] Best 400 Mile Section for a Beginner

Kevin Taylor kevin_c_taylor at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 21:13:57 CST 2014

Drew,
I thru-hiked this year and my 23 year old daughter (a beginner) joined me from Ashland to Sisters.  We left Ashland on July 24.  There was one really bad day of mosquitoes but the big worry around that time was forest fires.  That's something you can't predict, but in the end I didn't have to make any fire detours.  It's a good section in that it is relatively easy.  The scenery keeps getting better and better as you go north in Oregon.  I kept a daily journal and you might get a feel for that section: http://postholer.com/Kevin%20Taylor
Kevin Taylor/Early B.      From: Andrew Gerdes <andgerdes at hotmail.com>