[pct-l] Re route around Idyllwild

Kevin Taylor kevin_c_taylor at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 10:22:46 CST 2014

Sue,
The Idyllwild detour was easy and there were several different routes that people used.
After a big lunch at the Paradise cafe with other hikers, I walked the road to camp at Hemet Lake campground, 9 miles (it has a convenience store and showers). Easy walk, lots of room on the side of the road and lots of shade from big pine trees.  You could also camp at the Herkey creek campground just past Hemet lake.
Early B. ----- Original Message -----