[pct-l] Amazon Re-supply

Peggy Rice msrice27 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 12:16:39 CST 2014

When I picked up a package at the Cascade Locks post office last year, the
postmaster there was unhappy about receiving packages delivered by UPS and
FedEx at the Post Office.  When packages are mailed this way, the US mail
service does not get the benefit of the postage, but has to deal with the
package anyway.  He was accepting those packages, because he knew how
important the resupply packages are to us, but gave me the impression that
he was not obligated to do that.  I'd be in favor of keeping our post
office personnel happy, and continuing to hold our packages for months
while we hike to them.

That being said, I agree that a non-Post Office resupply is easier, without
the constraint of post office hours.

PegLeg