[pct-l] Why are trails are disappearing

Dan Pearce co57a at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 2 23:37:07 CST 2014

Hikers,

Flame On, I am not the enemy.  I've been hiking since I was 7  and that was in the sixties and watched trails

literally disappear.  The Forest Service had a budget that once provided funds to maintain trails.  If their

budget is reduced what happened to the Trail Maintenance proportion?  Is it reduced or eliminated due to

Forest Service priorities? It has disappeared like our trails.

I have seen Yosemite Back Country Rangers use chain saws to clear logs blocking  the PCT.  If

they used hand saws I don't care, just get the job done.

I think you did agree with me that volunteers are not the complete answer.  By the way, THANK YOU

VOLUNTEERS AND TRAIL ANGELS!  Without you guys I don't know where we be.

The problem with volunteers is they are doing the jobs that are tax dollars should be doing.

Bottom line, i want to see trails open.

Oh, and Flame On thank you for the spelling lesson.  And you're not sorry about anything.

Twin