[pct-l] Mountain Lion Attack- Hwy 74 & Navaho Rd, Perris, Ca.

Ron Graybill rgraybill44 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 11:07:11 CST 2014

On a recent weekend, several of us camped at Oak Grove Campground near
Warner Springs and made three day hikes between Warner Springs and Highway
74.  On the bathroom door in the campground was a sign warning that
mountain lions had been spotted in that campground.  This is just 50 miles
from where the homeless man was attacked in Perris.  So hikers might want
to take special precautions in that whole area.  Everything is so bone dry
that the food chain down which the mountain lion usually feed has become
very meager. A healthy hiker would last him for days . . .