[pct-l] Question on daily miles. What is a good daily average for miles hike on the section from Kennedy Meadows to say South Lake Tahoe. If your normal daily average say is 20 miles does the High Sierra cut that down to half ? What would be a good daily average.

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 17:27:56 CST 2014

If you get up in the morning and hike all day--20 miles a day should be more like a minimum    I am assuming that you are not talking about just doing this section starting at Kennedy Meadows.  AND That you are in shape. Even when I was doing sections the long hours of light allowed this very slow hiker to do up to 26 miles a day in the Sierras   That is also when there was not much snow. Marmot

Sent from my iPhone