[pct-l] mechanical clearing of trail

Ken Murray kmurray at dr.com
Tue Feb 4 22:49:32 CST 2014

James,

I'm also certified with the Stihl Brush Saw, although I've only used the 550 model.

I learned with the Trail Gorillas, the group that is responsible for the entire trail from Campo to Kennedy Meadows (s). They must have 8-10 of them. These guys are the real experts.

They are unreal for cutting trailside brush. 2 of us could cut 2 miles of dense brush in 1 day. It would take a crew of 10 at least a week to do the same. with the 550, you can cut a 4 in tree, amazing.