[pct-l] Boring Gear Question

Stephen Clark rowriver at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 04:11:11 CST 2014

Why would you wish to take a hatchet with you on the PCT?

I can't think of any good reason... well I can think of a couple of
reasons, but fires on much of the trail are illegal and in areas where they
are not illegal (other than in cases of extreme emergence) they are simply
a poor choice.

If you think you need one to help you place your shelter stakes, find a
rock!

The Mountains Are Calling And I Must Go.   ~John Muir~

Let's all be sure they are still there for everyone to enjoy.