[pct-l] Boring Gear Question

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 10:26:24 CST 2014

Jdm wrote:

Quite a few others, but you can run a search as well as I can: Sears,
Estwing, Plumb(?), Gränsfors Bruk, and so on. These are all less than 16 oz
for drywall and wood shingles, fair to good quality. Prices range from $30
to $100+.

Remember that tool-grade hatchets are almost always specced by the weight of
the *head*.  That is, I randomly clicked on a "16 oz" one at the Fastenal
site and it says it has a 16 oz head but the overall weight of the tool is
1.88 lbs.  A hatchet with an overall weight of less than 16 oz would be a
pretty darn small hatchet indeed.

Eric