[pct-l] Cabin Fever Excerise

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Feb 6 19:07:50 CST 2014

This is cabin fever season and we all can get alittle out of shape for hiking the PCT. Here is a very inexpensive and simple way to stay in shape for thetrail.  We should all pull together inour community to help one another have a great 2014 campaign on the trial.
Begin by standing on a comfortable flat surface,where you have plenty of room on each side.

With a 5-lb potato bag ineach hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there aslong as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this positionfor just a bit longer.  Once you have done this you can easily moveto the next stage.

Now move up to the 10-lb potatobags.   Again hold them out with your arms on eachside.  This might take a little longer tomaster, but you will do it for the trail.
Progressively move on up to the 20-lb potato bags and finally to the50-lb potato bags.  I am at this level now and it is not thathard if you really concentrate on the trail and all the fun and adventures youwill have out there in 2014.  Just have afierce determination not to fail and be a trail warrior.
After you feel confident at that level, put apotato in each bag.