[pct-l] Filter vs. Chlorine dioxide

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 23:29:11 CST 2014

> Excellent review and pic's on your link. The only questionable part I read
> was, "It will be a good news for a woman whose arm is not strong." That's
> a little bit sexist man. Sorry, but I had to call you out.

I do not know American females, but my wife cannot pump MSR MINI works,
which needs strong muscles.

One point you made was about how there can be leakage when you screw on a
> Platypus bag directly to a Sawyer Squeeze filter.

This page is better. I never connect a Platypus bag directly to Sawyer
filter.

https://sites.google.com/site/completewalkerequipment/home/5-water-treatment/sawyer-squeeze-system

> Another solution I saw to collecting water in shallow water sources was
> cutting the tops off of old or broken sawyer

I use a small coffee cup.

--
Sincerely
Low Gear (trail name) ---  Low Gear Song was written by Diane with Trail

Hiro   ( the short name of Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )
facebook  http://www.facebook.com/completewalker
Blogs  http://completewalker.blogspot.jp/
Photo  https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/
Backpacking since 1980 in Japan, A foreign member of PCTA;  JMT( 2009,
2010, 2011, 2012), Wind River Range, Glacier NP (2013)