[pct-l] Straw?

Pat Wormington airecrew09 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 11:18:14 CST 2014

I have been asked what is a 6" straw?  I used a plastic straw for a very
large drink from a convenience store.  I cut the straw in half which
made 2 straws.  I used mine above a water trough that had a couple of
dead frogs floating.  I diverted a tiny seep into my water bottle.  I
hiked the JMT in '07.  Whitney had only 5% of normal precip. in
'06-'07.  The pine trees had yellow tips.  I had to find every spring to
keep my water filled as many springs were bone dry. Mammoth was an oasis
with water, aspens, and wildflowers compared to the dry southern
section.  I hope the conditions improve before the hiking
begins.....Cheers....Jollylopper