[pct-l] Permit Question

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 09:53:31 CST 2014

The US-Canada border is at mile 2660.1.

You could hike back south to Harts Pass (mile 2630.1) or Rainy Pass
(2599.3).

Harts Pass is accessed by a good dirt road with lots of summertime traffic,
especially on the weekends.  The later you go into the fall, the less
traffic you'll find here.

Rainy Pass has Highway 20, which has more traffic.

Harts Pass *could* be an easier hitch, due to the fact that most of the
people on that road are probably outdoor people, and would be more willing
to help a hiker out.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM, silversurfer816 . <silversurfer816 at gmail.com