[pct-l] shoe sizing

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat Feb 8 22:49:23 CST 2014

I am not a long-distance thru-hiker type. But I do hike and walk.

After reading many posts over the years I started buying _all_ my shoes too
large. That is too large by the usual standards. Result:  lots less foot pain.

A year ago I bought a new pair of house slippers. They had cushy soft
insoles. I sent them back. The cushy insoles were detrimental to my
balance. I'm used to tactile feedback from the surface on which I'm walking
and the cushyness interfered. I'm still wearing an old pair of slippers
from which I've removed the padded midsole.

So try walking in shoes that are "too big" and with little or no "support"
or control. Let your feet work the way they evolved over eons.

--
Tortoise

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
President John F Kennedy,  1962

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction or use elsewhere is is expressly prohibited without the express permission of the author. Use within the PCT-list is permitted.