[pct-l] Powerhouse Fire route

Marian Harmon marianharmon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 13:52:30 CST 2014

I think that's accurate. The map on the PCTA site (Option 3 for the
Powerhouse Fire closure) is dated May 2013. Still, that's the most recent
information on the website, so people may still consider that a viable
option. At any rate, I still don't recommend anyone hike down via Godde
Pass (Godde Rd) to get to the open aqueduct or as a bypass to the closed
area. I don't even see why anyone would want to take Munz Ranch down to the
aqueduct, either. There are a lot of other water sources available in the
area, natural, private and retail. Honestly, taking the aqueduct that far
(Via Godde or Munz) will just make what many already dread (the covered
aqueduct walk from Neenach) just that much more miserable. Taking ELR/Pine
Canyon to the PCT will be the most enjoyable option for the time being,
IMO.

I also don't foresee the area being open after 2/28, either. I agree that
it will likely be closed all year.