[pct-l] Completing Canada permit application form

Marian Harmon marianharmon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 13:08:31 CST 2014

The question about the money is exactly as Prof Errant stated... they just
want to know that you are self-supporting and have enough money to meet
your needs while you're in the country. This is fairly typical for
international travel. When I lived in Brazil, I had to do the same thing. I
had to show them that, since I wasn't in the country to work or earn money,
I either had enough money to cover my stay or that I had somebody
supporting me and sending me money on a regular basis.

Whatever you answer, just be sure that the dates you write on the paperwork
for how long you'll be there seem reasonable compared to the amount of
money you'll have with you and the method of entry. If you only intend to
be in Canada for 2 days, for instance... yet you are hiking in to the
country and tell them you'll have $10,000 cash on you, that might cause
them to ask a few questions.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Michael Slusser <michael.slusser at gmail.com