[pct-l] Writing on the PCT

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 20:55:16 CST 2014

I also carried a Mac Air on trail.  I carried it into the Grand Canyon and
on the CDT across New Mexico while writing a series of articles with pix
for an AOL e-publication.  Using a mobil hot spot I'd shoot one in each
week.  I was also keeping up a Postholer journal.  The Mac Air was ideal
for all this except for the 2lbs.

When we got to the San Juans, the snow and terrain made me think twice
about continuing this and I then began to bounce it forward, knocking out 3
weeks worth of columns on a zero and then bouncing it on again.

I made it to Wyoming just as AOL decided not to pay most of their writers.
 That was a great excuse to shoot the Mac Air home and pick up my pace on
trail.  I continued the Postholer journal using a smartphone.  Whenever we
got a bit of signal Why Not and I would sit down on trail and post our
journals.  I wouldn't want to write anything with any real length to it on
a smartphone,but it worked for a basic journal.

Shroomer