[pct-l] Go lite umbrella holding brackets

Marian Harmon marianharmon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 17:26:15 CST 2014

I'm not a big fan of the plastic brackets myself, though they do the job
well for many. I tend to break them. Personally? I'm going with velcro
cable ties, like the kind used for electronics.  Example:
http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Reusable-Self-Gripping-Inches-91140/dp/B001E1Y5O6

I know many don't like them because they are mostly marketing fluff... but
I utilize daisy chain loops with the velcro straps to secure all kinds of
items when I need it on the outside of the pack. Here's the thing,
though... I tend to remove the commercially placed daisy chains and
reposition them for my needs. I've attached an umbrella this way quite
sucessfuly, and it was fairly tight and secure since the straps conform to
the size of the items. Not all of the plastic clips do that.