[pct-l] Hydration & Electrolyte Replacement Strategy

dofdear aka Thumper dofdear at cox.net
Sat Feb 15 20:44:50 CST 2014

Dear List,

In past hikes I've noted difficulty staying hydrated even with an abundance
of water available.  Typically I carry a 3-liter bladder filled with 2-3
liters of water depending on the availability and distance to the next
source.  I add one stick of flavored Propel per liter for taste.
Additionally I keep a 1.5 liter bottle with water for cooking and hygiene.
I recognize that the Propel is not a per se electrolyte and am now looking
for recommendations on what to add into the bladder as an electrolyte and
hydration strategy.  TIA,

Thumper

---