[pct-l] Query about storing dehydrated meat

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 12:42:12 CST 2014

Actually, I have let pemmican sit on the shelf in my cupboard for
over 6 months and it was absolutely no worse for wear than fresh-made
pemmican or pemmican I stored in the freezer. The beauty of saturated
fat is how stable it is. If anything the old pemmican is a little
better since I don't like the crunchy consistency of the dried meat
when it's fresh, although it was still a little crunchy.

The pulled pork is also really shelf stable. I had some in a
container in my cupboard for 6 months and it was fine when I finally
got around to eating it.