[pct-l] Electrolyte replacement study

igellenig igellenig at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 12:11:14 CST 2014

There are a few problems with the study.  The study population was very small-8 people in the water group, 8 in the electrolyte replacement group.  I question their conclusion...that one can decrease the volume/weight of water carried if electrolyte replacement is used.  There were no significant differences in weight, urine specific gravity, etc between groups, but over the short term in small, relatively homogenous groups, it is hard to draw conclusions.
I could only access the abstract, but I saw no mention of blood work.  Since symptomology of dehydration and hyponatremia are very similar, lab work may have shown some differences.
Would sure love to do a study on PCTers!
No Butt