[pct-l] Desert beard?

ed faubert edfaubert at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 18:44:07 CST 2014

Funny story about beards on the PCT....9 / 10 years ago there was a group of mixed hikers arriving in Sthekin....most of the guys had 3 month long beards growing.... one of the fairer sexes lived in Chelan and invited her hiking friends to take the boat to Chelan for an overnight to shop and party, what else!!!!
10 days later a group photo was taken at the monument showing all the folks with their beards.....well if you knew who they were you rec. each guy in the photo but wait there was one more person in the photo shoot with a full beard.......getting the picture here????? The fairer sex person bought a fake beard in Chelan so she could fit right in with the guys in her troop......
Keep in mind this was right after 9/11 and most of the guys shaved their beards off before reentering the USA.......