[pct-l] Lotions and potions

b j xthrow at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 22 13:14:31 CST 2014

Hi Jake,

Hiker boxes are littered with all that stuff.  I carried it and ditched it too.  Here's what I learned -- Keep it simple.  A small squeeze tube of unscented lip balm or vaseline or Carmex doubles as anti-chafe, foot moisturizer, etc and a small bottle of sanitizer.

Soap: You don't need soap -- it contaminates water sources and you can get the dirt off just by washing with water.

-Porsche

___

Does anyone have a barebones system for carrying such hygiene/personal items
like soap, sanitizer, deet, PO cream, anti-chafe, etc...?

I was considering small amounts in little plastic containers and bouncing the
rest but that could take up precious space/weight in my pack .  Any ideas?
Thanks all!
Jake