[pct-l] Plantar fascitis

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Mon Feb 24 19:22:04 CST 2014

Landy,
You've started another chapter of one of the most frequent thread topics on the list.  Get ready for a lot of opinions.

I tried a variety of therapies when my pf flared up, just before I started a thru attempt in 2010.  My phys. therapist suggested a stretching regimen before getting out of bed in the morning.  With a rolled up towel, a belt, or similar long, flexible fabric, sit up and put the towel behind the ball of your foot, holding an end of the towel in each hand.  With your leg straight, pull back on the towel to stretch your foot, for ten seconds.  Do ten reps.  Then slightly bend your knee to raise your leg and repeat.  According to her, there are two muscles that support the fasciitis tendon, and both need to be stretched.

Other therapies include kinesio tape (google it for youtube demos), vitamin I, a boot-type brace to prevent you from pointing your toe while you sleep, et al.  Some seem to work better than others for different people.  Based on responses to previous discussions on the list, there is no ONE BEST WAY that works for everyone.  Good luck.

Mango