[pct-l] Plantar fascitis

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 24 20:05:06 CST 2014

I had it for the last 600 or so miles of  CDT. Didn't know what it was-- thought I was walking on a broken foot. But the thing only hurt so that I could not walk on it first thing in the morning and got better as the day went on. If I left my boot on( was still using boots then) at night the fascia stayed stretched out so when I got up for the early morning pee,I didn't have to hop on one leg. So I think one of those stretch out cloth booties would have helped--they have  a band that pulls and connects the toe to the front of your ankle. I got my injury from hiking without arch supports.  Just the way my feet are built. Others have the opposite problem.  Once it healed after 4 months off trail, it has never come back.My feet get a serious self massage every night before I drift off to sleep. One good reason to have a hiking partner--foot massages.  On the AT we traded foot massages all the time. There just weren't many people out there in the 90's on the PCT& CDT.    There's a critical mass now. Let's start a new tradition.  Marmot

Sent from my iPhone