[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 74, Issue 26

Susan Alcorn backpack45 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 14:12:30 CST 2014

I agree with Paint Your Wagon--the article on Lightning by NOLO is excellent. I didn't know, for example, that it didn't matter if you were on damp ground or not as far as attracting lightning (or course standing in a stream is not advisable).

http://www.pcta.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/BackcountryLightningSafety.pdf

Susan Alcorn

www.backpack45.com and backpack45.blogspot.com
http://www.examiner.com/hiking-in-san-francisco/susan-alcorn