[pct-l] Starting PCT at walker pass

tmjgame at comcast.net tmjgame at comcast.net
Wed Feb 26 20:14:33 CST 2014

 1 pint & carly-

Thanks for the heads up on the heat, water and bear issues encountered by starting at walker.   I am planning my section hike this year starting with G and hiking to Donner pass.  My start is on or about June 15.  I have spoken with several multiple thrus and they like the plan but also mentioned the issues you described.   I am more concerned about the snow/ice levels in the Sierra.  Yes, the pack will be heavier than normal, besides the fact that all recommend bear cannisters (2# penalty) thru this section.  I calculate the herb may be behind me by a week or so. However, those not caught in the TA vortexes may very well be ahead of me.  Thanks-

Enduro