[pct-l] Advice needed for yo-yo hike

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Fri Feb 28 11:26:55 CST 2014

Daniel.........whatever you do up in Washington in the snow.......don't be
out there by your self. Carry a PLB. Let someone (like me) follow you. If
you are planning to go play in the snow (when no one else is out
there).....double the food your carry. 5 days turned in to 19 days for one
of our pass hikers. Last year were came close to loosing another one in the
snow. It's hard on those who are missing you (emotionally). I know you are
probably indestructible and the best, toughest hiker that may have walked
this earth......if the snow is deep and you get lost.......what would you
like us to do ??  Listen to your "other"  Mom.

Unless we hit 80 degrees in Washington in May.......you are going to be
knee deep in $hit (snow).

PCT MOM
Andrea Dinsmore