[pct-l] Advice on Section C

Seth Jacobs jacobs.sethf at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 22:54:05 CST 2014

I'm whittling away on my PCT hike, a little bit, year by year.  This
year I can't hike with the herd, so I'm looking for advice on hiking
section C.  I'll be hiking from Big Bear City, starting at mile 275 to
Cajon Pass at mile 342:

1. What's the best month to hike this area, given that I can't hike
with the herd?

2. How's the camping at Splinter's Cabin? (mile 298.3).

3. Where's a good place to camp between Splinter's Cabin (mile 298)
and Celghorn Picnic Area (mile 329)?

4. Can I get a rental car at Cajon Pass?  I plan to get to the Ontario
Airport to fly home.

Thanks.

Seth