[pct-l] Thru-hike breaks

anneirenehildebrand at gmail.com anneirenehildebrand at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 04:37:31 CST 2014

So I have a wonderful problem. I am planning a thru-hike this year and my friend just asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding this coming August 9. Does anyone have experience taking a break from the trail for an event like this? The wedding will be in the Santa Cruz area so it's a real shame (for me) that I will have passed there by then.

I am thinking that with the low snow this year (*does rain dance*) I could start early and get some leeway to make this happen. Any wisdom from someone who has experienced something like this?

much appreciated.
Anne