[pct-l] Wandering Star

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 3 00:36:33 CST 2014

Paint Your Wagon: I love your movie namesake--I sing "Wandering Star" a lot on the trail.
Love cranky old Lee Marvin. I have always wanted to put together a trail song book--
Wandering Star would definitely be in it. That and "Blue Shadows on the Trail" from The Three Amigos.--Fireweed

Fireweed,

You are very kind. Thank you.
After learning that the trail names Grasshopper and Mongoose were both taken,
I reduced my trail name choices down to Paint Your Wagon and A Man Named Horse.
Based on two rather audacious film’s titles: One full of mischief and fun,
the other about human endurance and the ability to tolerate or more aptly put,
master pain and self.  I liked then both, but when combined; Paint Your Man Named Horse was just a but much,
so I picked the one that seemed to best convey the kind of philosophy that I wanted to experience and express,
while both on and off the trail. In addition, long distance hiking revealed (more clearly that) the more time I spent on the trail,
the more I mastered endurance and pain, as best a human being can, and the more I learned to tolerate myself.
It’s been a smashing success.

At your service,
PaintYW

PS I shall have to follow up in the morrow, and treat myself to Blue Shadows on the Trail.
For now, goodnight.