[pct-l] Big Bear trail angel please

be hope bh.csuchico at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 11:43:54 CST 2014

>Hi all I am planning to hike on Monday from HWY >18 to Van Dusen Rd in Big
Bear.
>Shepherd

A taxi might work for you guys.

When we hit Hwy 18, hitching proved difficult.  There was a large sign
adjacent to the road "Taxi 909 866 8294" which I phoned (via T Mobile) and
a taxi soon arrived.  Some of us later returned to slack pack to Van Dusen
where I got lucky with a right-away-hitch back to Big Bear.  The next day
we shared a taxi from Big Bear to Van Dusen.  Even with the "bumpy road
surcharge", the fare was very reasonable for a carload of us.
Have a nice hike !

be hope