[pct-l] sleeping bag vs quilt

Mike Cunningham hikermiker at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 06:49:35 CST 2014

I also toss & turn quite a lot. I have used a sleeping bag for years & unless it is very cold I keep my head out.
Last year I got a quilt & down hood. I found that the quilt does get drafty. This is good at warmer temperatures.

My bag is rated 35 degrees & the quilt 45. My solution is to use the quilt in summer & the bag below 50 degrees.  I am thinking of bringing a bivy to contain the quilt if the temp dips lower.

YMMV

hm