[pct-l] electronics for low vision user: multiple vs android or other

Karen Keller karen.kellerford at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 08:52:49 CST 2014

In the past I have carried a Garmin Dakota GPS, a small cannon camera and a
old style flip phone. Together these devices weigh in at 12.125 oz with
batteries and fit neatly in a single belt pocket on my Gossamer Gear
Gorilla . My monthly cost is only around $25 for phone and I can go a week
wihout recharging (even longer on the GPS and camera). In order of
importance the GPS is my most important piece of gear by a long shot, with
the phone and camera trailing in that order. I love each and they have
served me well and faithfully, especially the GPS. My vision is lower each
season however, phone, maps and GPS displays harder to see. You all have
undoubtedly more experience with the new electronic devices than I do.
Recommendations?