[pct-l] Mountain Fire Closure/Trail Repair Contacts

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 12 11:01:57 CST 2014

A shout out to anyone considering rolling up their sleeves and assisting in trail repairs, especially for the anticipated and expected work to take place

on the trail south of Idyllwild, due to the Mountain fire. Here are the volunteer work contacts from the PCTA side of the house.

>>> Section “B” Chief (Warner Springs to Interstate 10) Don Line ………………...….619-520-9431 or donline41 at gmail.com <<<

Trail Projects - What to bring? For all trail projects, unless otherwise indicated, bring car/tent camping gear, heavy gloves, eye

protection, sun protection (hat and sunscreen), brush protection (long sleeves & long pants), sturdy boots, daypack, flashlight, and water

bottles. Warm clothes and rain gear are in order especially for spring and fall projects. Please let us know if you are coming so we can

arrange food, equipment, and supervision, and to receive any last minute instructions. By all means come out even if you can’t stay the entire time.

We have lots of ongoing projects or new ones coming up all the time.What is involved? Moderate to strenuous physical

activity cutting brush with saws and loppers,

pulling and disposing of cut brush out of sight, grubbing out root balls with a Pulaski, shaping tread with

a McLeod, re-building rock walls, or repairing water bars to re-establish drainage control.

Certified volunteers will be using chain and brush saws and other equipment. A hike in and out of several

miles carrying tools or personal camping gear may be required. Some projects involve

working with packhorses and mules. We assume you are experienced in mountain travel, camping out, safety,

working on a crew under direction, and wilderness hygiene. If you have questions about

these subjects or if you have health concerns be sure to bring them up with the leader prior to the trip. We ask all

volunteers to fill out our “volunteer” form. This gives us an idea of your experience,

special aptitude, physical limitations or concerns, and emergency contact person. . Every volunteer must sign up

each day with the Crew Leader to be covered for Workman’s Compensation, and to make

sure that no one gets left behind at the end of the day. What does PCTA provide? Don’t worry if you have not been

out with us before. We provide food

(unless indicated otherwise), water, tools, hard hats, orientation/instruction, supervision and a GREAT time.

To Schedule trail information or ADD your project(s) to this list, contact;

John Hachey
Region 1 Trail Gorillas Newsletter Editor
2885 S. Phoenix Ave., Ontario, Ca. 91761
Ph. 909-605-3219
Email goaliejhachey at msn.com

Or, you can also contact;

Don Line
PCTA Trail Gorillas Secretary-Treasurer
Region 1 Assistant Newsletter Editor
78955 Spirito Court, Palm Desert, CA 92211
Ph. 619-520-9431
Email donline41 at gmail.com
Phone numbers and information for REGION 1;

Adventure Pass – don’ forget to bring one if project is in a So. Cal. Nat. Forest. If you don’t have one, let us

know beforehand and the leader will arrange for one.

PCTA Southern California Representative Anitra Kass…....………..…..951-257-4100 or akass at pcta.org

PCTA Leader Emeritus and Trail Gorillas Co-ordinator Pete Fish ………………....…805-658-6540 or pickaxepete at sbcglobal.net

Section “A” Chief (Mexican Border –Campo to Warner Springs) George Boone …………..….619-994-8729 or george4horses at gmail.com

Section “B” Chief (Warner Springs to Interstate 10) Don Line ………………...….619-520-9431 or donline41 at gmail.com

Section “C” Chief (Interstate 10 to Interstate 15) John Hachey ………….……909-605-3219 or goaliejhachey at msn.com

Section “D” Area Co-ordinator (Interstate 15 to Three Points) Frank Trujillo …….……….760-217-5697 or ftrujillo2 at msn.com

Section “D” Chief (Interstate 15 to Agua Dulce) Pete Fish (acting) for info....805-658-6540 or pickaxepete at sbcglobal.net

Section “E” Chief (Agua Dulce to Highway 58) Dave Fleischman ………….310-560-8299

or owldave57 at gmail.com Area co-ordinator …Kevin Corcoran….661-816-9196 or hikevv at gmail.com

Section “F” Chief (Highway 58 to Walker Pass) Jerry Stone ………………...661-273-1059 or trailstone at sbcglobal.net

Section “G” Chief (Walker Pass to Kennedy Meadows) Chris Ryerson ….………….661-873-7188 or roguephotonic at lycos.com

At your service,