[pct-l] Insert Life

Angelina Kovtun angelkov2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 17:05:34 CST 2014

As a rule of thumb I replace my green Superfeet whenever there's a definite "footprint" of discoloration on the green. Like I can see my own foot imprinted on the green fabric. Also every time I replace my running/trail running shoe I replace its Superfeet. For PCT I wouldn't give an insert more than 500mi.

You can also try SOLE red or blue inserts. They have arch as supportive as green Superfeet but have different construction. Superfeet mainly support just the part of your arch where your tibia connects to your foot. SOLE hugs your whole arch which some people like more. Red SOLE inserts have some cushion and blue have even more so they take up more space inside your shoe. Green Superfeet probably take up less space than either red or blue SOLE inserts and they don't have any cushion. They also dry faster...
I would replace SOLE inserts 300mi-500mi depending on how much weight you put on them.

Hope this helps!
-Angelina