[pct-l] 2014 Snow, Water and Start Date

Terry tsparks56 at aol.com
Mon Jan 13 21:36:10 CST 2014

Barry, you bring up some very good and interesting points for hiking the trail early this year if the rain and snowfall amounts do not significantly increase between now and the end of March.  I do however, remember several years of having these types of early winter weather patterns, only to see significant rain and snowfall in February and March.

The thought that truly intrigues me however is, with snow levels anywhere from 7%-25% of normal, wishing I had the cold weather gear needed, to be hiking from KM north thru the Sierras right now.
What a kick that truly would be!

We shall see how things shake out with the weather but,  I think you're correct, an early start this year could be a smart decision.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone