[pct-l] Cal/ ounce, nutritionu

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 14 19:15:25 CST 2014

AT --I bought food in towns with health food stores and sent it ahead to myself. PCT and CDT I bought everything before trip and friends and family sent it to me. Other trails I did a combination of pre-purchase and sending to myself along the way. I figure PO will hold packages for 3 weeks or more if you have ETA on them. I did Ore and Wash again  in 2012. Sent out everything at once for a month from each border. It worked out fine.
Towns with good healthy stores on PCT
Idyllwild
Big Bear
South Lake Tahoe
Burney--new store trying to get food we need not sure if it's there yet
Ashland--Oregon Border
Hood River--east of Casade Locks Washington border. accessible by bus.   Marmot
Sent from my iPhone