[pct-l] Water Caches and snow lvl

L. Michele Scott historywench at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 19 12:37:53 CST 2014

Hello everyone,

I had hoped to thru-hike this year, but a new job is going to make me postpone it. However, I see the discussion on the list about maybe having more reliance on water caches since its turning out to be a low snow level year this season.

Keep your hopes up. The wettest month in S. Cal is actually February. So, its my hope we'll get dumped on out here and that will help you on your Southern portion of the hike.

Since I will not be hiking, I'm willing to add to existing water caches or create a new one along the nearby portions of the PCT. I live in the Palm Desert/La Quinta area. I'm nearest to the hwy 74 trail head (near Paradise Cafe), and the 10 underpass near Ziggy and the Bear. If there's a passable road closer to where the trail exits San Jacinto mtn and hits the desert floor, I can get to there as well pretty easily.  My question to you all is where do you think it is needed more?

Thank you and I'm living vicarious through you this year!!! :)

Michele