[pct-l] Airport access from PCT

walt Durling durlfam4 at icloud.com
Sat Jan 18 21:12:06 CST 2014

Hello all:  this is my first post.

I'm committing to a through hike this year.  My most significant logistical problem is to figure out where to leave the trail and fly back to the east coast to attend my son's marine corps graduation on 30 May (following in his old man's footsteps), and then fly back a week later to pick up where I left off.  My initial impression is that leaving from south Lake Tahoe via shuttle to Reno seems the most logical.  But that means getting through the Sierras post haste.  I'm 61 and would have to average  a full 20 per day to make it on time if I leave late March or a couple of days later.  It seems a close call.

Query:  any other suggestions? Is there some point south of Tahoe where I could easily leave the trail and get transportation to another airport?  Any suggestions or thoughts are most appreciated.  Keystone

Sent from my iPad