[pct-l] Food preps/advice for newcomer

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 16:36:18 CST 2014

It is usually a little bit chilly in the morning so all I want to do is
break camp and hit the trail.  I would start out eating a trail bar as I
take off hiking to warm up.  Before I leave camp, I put some water in my
"cereal ziplock" (anything from ground cheerios, oatmeal, rolled wheat,
muesli type stuff).  Then yes, I learned from my journeys with the Hobbits
to eat a second breakfast after the sun has warmed the earth (and my
disposition he he he) and need a break.  I have my sit down breakfast with
my cereal ziplock and spoon.