[pct-l] 8/9-week section hike

jean-louis adrien jladrien at hotmail.fr
Tue Jan 21 15:30:41 CST 2014

Hi everybody,

I plan to section-hike the PCT during eight or nine weeks. My idea is to start from Campo, and aim at Tuolumne Meadows.
I'm a rather well experienced hiker (including in winter), and rather fit,

BUT

- I'll be alone
- coming from France, I'll have absolutely no support in the US, therefore I'll have to count only on me for resupplying (shopping, preparing supply and bounce boxes, shipping them, collecting them...).

Hence my questions:
- do you think these 940 miles are feasible in 8-9 weeks?
- what about the start date? I understand the later, the better in the Sierras. But the warmer in the Mojave, too ... Start around May 10/15th?
- is it convenient to reach San Francisco from Tuolumne Meadows?
- would you recommend other start/finish locations, since I'm not obsessed by taking a picture of me at the southern monument.

Thank you for your kind advice

Jean-Louis