[pct-l] PCT international hopefuls seek local knowledge

Michael Slusser michael.slusser at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 23:28:34 CST 2014

Actually, Paint, we're mostly east and just a tad north of LA. And I've
never heard of the Los Angeles Crest and can't find any information about
it--there's the Angeles Crest Highway, but that's over in the San Gabriels,
which are the part of the range north of LA. We are proudly (or sheepishly,
really) in the San Bernardinos over here.

Big Bear is about two hours from LA. (The 10 freeway to Highway 18 up along
the Rim of the World is the straightest shot).

Also, I hope to one day rack up enough trail time to come close to your
down time. I can't quite decide if hiking with you would be a bad thing
(since you seem to find a good deal of trouble) or a good thing (since you
seem to be an injury magnet, maybe it'd miss me). You are a hiking rock
star, sir.

Professor Errant

--
*Quid sum? Nil. Quis sum? Nullus. Sed gratia Christi, quod sum, quod vivo,
quodque laboro, facit.*